Temperatures are reliably hitting triple digits here in Placer County. That means lots of trips in and out of the pool to cool off. Even if you don’t have a pool, the kids are still coming in dripping from the sprinklers and having water balloon fights. Leading to wet summer floors throughout your home.
Playing in the water during summer is a time-old tradition but a problem arises when all those wet feet come treading back into the house after a day of play. It’s exhausting to continually be drying the floors over and over again. In order to save time from constantly trialing after your kids with a towel to catch those drops, we will dive into different floorings that can stand up to the summer fun.
What flooring options are out there?
When wanting waterproof floors, there are several options that fit in to every budget:
- Luxury Vinyl Plank
These options all have their unique benefits but this month we are focusing on vinyl. Let’s dive deeper into why you should choose vinyl flooring.
Why should I choose Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring?
Vinyl has come a long way from your grandmother’s kitchen floors. We carry a new series of vinyl called Luxury Vinyl Planks (or LVP). These planks offer many benefits that other flooring does not:
1. Ease of Maintenance
- No waxing needed! With normal sweeping/vacuuming/mopping, your floors will remain looking as new as ever.
- Choose from a wood, ceramic, or tile style that looks just like its counterpart.
- Giving the same look as tile or hardwood, LVP is a much more affordable alternative. Not to mention it stands up better than its more expensive counterparts.
- Unlike the vinyls of the past, LVPs withstands years of wear and tear without showing telltale signs of use. Scratches are hardly visible!
- Allows for drying throughout the house as spills happen and kids run through the house. Worrying about a splash is a thing of the past!
Luxury Vinyl Planks
There are many different brands of LVP, but we carry some of the best at California Carpet and Design Center. Brands such as:
- Silver Oak
- Scratch Master
Whether you want your flooring to look like wood or tile, we have all the brands, colors, and designs that you imagine.
Need help in deciding which LVP is the right pick for you? We would love to help you with the entire process. From picking the right type of flooring to design and installation we will be with you through it all.