The sun is shining, burgers are grilling, and pool time has begun! But what about your floors? Keeping your floors safe and clean during the summer can be challenging because of increased foot traffic and more time spent at home. Dirt, mud, water, and sticky food can cause wear and tear over time, but there are many ways to protect your floors to keep them in tip-top shape during the summer months.
Ready to learn how to protect your floors? Check out our five care tips and new floor solution for a stress-free summer.
Five Helpful Floor Tips For Summer
1. The Summer is Bright: It’s time for shade! During the summer heat, try to close your blinds or curtains in rooms that get the most sunlight. This will keep your house cooler and protect your floors from fading and discoloration.
2. Doormats are Floor-Savers: Doormats are essential, especially during the summer, because they stop the dirt and moisture from invading your home and keep your floors clean. Before your family and friends enter from the outdoor fun, remind them to wipe their feet and shoes. Place mats outside the front, back, and garage entrances to keep the dirt and water out.
3. Broom vs. Vacuum: Which one is best? A vacuum or a broom? Before you decide, do some research and talk to a flooring expert. Certain types of floors scratch easily, so it’s good to be extra careful. A vacuum might be a better choice depending on the surface material because it has different floor settings and more gentle attachments. Before sweeping, always check the floor for pebbles and hard particles to prevent scratches and scuffs.
4. Keep An Eye on Humidity: Depending on where you live, the summer heat can cause major issues to your floors, like warping, cracking, and mildew. You don’t want that! We recommend keeping humidity levels at 35 to 55% and using a humidifier and air conditioner to regulate the humidity.
5. Refresh Your Floors with New Flooring: Instead of the constant upkeep or keeping them safe with rugs, it may be time to replace them with an easier and upgraded solution, so you can have more time to relax.
Enjoy Your Summer With Luxury Vinyl Planks!
If you dread the constant summer floor mess and are afraid of sticky popsicles and muddy and wet feet causing ongoing upkeep, it’s time to make a change for the better. There are many durable and waterproof options that will save you time and money, like Luxury Vinyl Planks. What are the benefits?
- Durable: Vinyl Planks are scratch and stain-resistant, making them summer, kid, and pet friendly.
- Affordable: LVP can save you money and still get the look and comfort you desire. There are many stylish options out there that resemble tile and hardwood.
- Easy to Maintain: All you need to do is sweep, vacuum, and mop. It’s that easy! You’ll never need to wax, polish, buff, or seal ever again!
- Waterproof: With waterproof flooring, you don’t have to worry about spills and accidents. LVP protects against moisture and is ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, entryways, and laundry rooms.
We have your new floor covered! Get the flooring solution you’ve been wanting! Our design experts are here to help!